Renewable energy for sustainability
Generating 100% carbon free electricity whilst diverting organic waste from landfill.
The company is proud to have launched the first food waste to energy power generation facility in Perth where 100% of food waste collected from various industries is converted into either energy or fertiliser.
Diverting waste from landfill for 100% certified organic output
All waste output from the AD process is used in composting of organic product on site or used in agriculture to add organic nutrient content to arid farming soils. This waste output is Certified Organic.
Over 95,000 tonnes of waste has been diverted from landfill
To date over 95,000 tonnes of waste has been diverted from landfill and recycled through Richgro’s AD plant which was then converted into clean energy.
Zero Waste Countdown
Our ongoing sustainability commitment in diverting waste from landfill through our Anaerobic Digester Plant.
Richgro recognises the role it has to play in providing products that minimise their impact on the environment and consumers.
Our latest APCO Annual Report and Action Plan can be viewed here: APCO ANNUAL REPORT AND ACTION PLAN – 2021
- Buy recycle policy is a cornerstone of our purchasing process
- 100% of our plastic product packaging is recycled or recyclable material
- 100% of cartons, pallet liners and covers are made of recycled / recyclable material
- 70% of all product sales are composts and organics which are essentially recycled products diverted from landfill
- All timber products (sawdust , pine bark etc.) are sourced from sustainable / renewable timber growth forests
- Redcycle logo on new products – read more