Tomato & Vegetable Planting Mix GROW BAG
Available In: 25L
Growing your own food is in the bag with Richgro’s NEW GROW BAG!
“I was ecstatic when I found out Richgro were bringing out a grow bag – It’s a product I’ve used in the UK and I always wondered why nobody used them in Australia. Well what is a grow bag? Simply it’s a bag filled with the perfect potting mix and additives for you to grow herb and veggies in – the bonus is you use the bag as a pot so it can be used in the smallest of spaces, including balcony gardens.” Charlie Albone, TV gardening expert and Richgro Brand Ambassador.
NEW Tomato & Vegetable Planting Mix GROW BAG has all the key ingredients to help you grow your own tomatoes and vegetables such as cucumbers, capsicums, chillies, peas and beans, eggplants, herbs and salad greens. It is ideal for small spaces and raised garden beds. Plant seeds or seedlings directly into the 25L bag and watch them thrive.
- 2 months feed & seaweed boost
- Ideal for small spaces
- Also for pots and raised gardens
- Premium certified Australian Standard mix
- Can be used as a potting mix
Exclusive to Bunnings*.
*Please check on availability at your local Bunnings store.
How to Use
- Before opening, spread the mix evenly through the bag, place bag on a flat surface, on top of some paper or a tray to catch any run off.
- Poke holes through the bottom to allow drainage (see markings on the bottom of the bag).
- Cut carefully along the marks as shown.
- Plant your vegetables and herb seedlings or seeds directly into the bag!
Feed with Liquid fertiliser to help boost growth after 6-8 weeks.
Can be used as a potting mix.
- Support stakes or a frame may be inserted directly into the planter to support Tomatoes, Peas and Beans. A good tip is to insert the stake through the plastic directly, creating a drainage hole on the other side.
- Water regularly to allow the roots to grow strong inside the bag.
- After harvesting, dig the leftover growing mix into your garden to improve soil structure, add it to an existing pot as Potting Mix or dispose of the bag and mix in your waste disposal.
- Whilst this Grow Bag contains a controlled release fertiliser, it is a good idea to boost your crop with a liquid fertiliser after 6-8 weeks to increase plant health and yield during growing season.
- Insects love vegies. Using Richgro Beat-A-Bug Spray will help protect your crop as it contains all-natural ingredients like Pyrethrum to help knock the insects down. It also contains Chilli and Garlic which helps to repel the insects. A good habit is to spray every 10-14 days. Spray in the morning and afternoon and not whilst in flower, this will help protect the beneficial insects. Being a natural product it’s completely safe to use on all your edible plants.
How to Video
Easy to grow – just plant straight in the bag!