Premium Potting Mix with Seaweed
Available In: 25L
RICHGRO PREMIUM Potting Mixture with Seaweed has been designed with the garden enthusiast in mind. It is enhanced with seaweed, EZI WET soil wetter, controlled release fertiliser along with a balanced level of trace elements. You can be assured of best results at all times.
Independent trials have shown that the addition of seaweed in a potting mixture at point of manufacture improves plant growth, colour and boosts resistance to transplant shock. Seaweed is well known for its ability to stimulate root systems, improve the number and colour of blooms, reduce the effects of insect and fungal disease and assists plants to cope with adverse weather conditions such as drought and frost.
- Premium Australian Standard certified mix (red tick)
- Added seaweed for growth boost
- 6 months feed for stronger growth
- Wetting agent for deeper watering
- Trace elements for healthy plants
- For all plant types
This product is exclusive to Bunnings. WA Only.
How to Use
Some useful tips about potting – for healthy potted plants:
- Add the right mix at planting: To ensure that your plants are off to the best possible start, use an Australian Standards certified mix for your specific plants’ needs. Thereafter feed regularly with a good quality controlled release fertiliser. Why not use garden soil? Garden soils do not contain nutrients and are generally fine in texture which means that drainage is poor and result in plants “rotting off” and dying.
- Use a controlled release fertiliser: Controlled release fertilisers are designed specifically to work with potting mixes: a small amount of fertiliser is released each day by temperature and moisture, assisting consistent growth.
- Water according to plants and their location: Use larger pots if possible – the more soil around the root system the less chance of the plant drying out. Watering pot plants can be difficult, as the water often runs over the edge of the pot and down between the container and soil, not getting into the plants’ roots. Add Richgro Ezi-Wet soil wetter to improve water penetration and allow the water to soak through.
- Prevent diseases: Buy disease free plants, use a quality potting mix and clean pots. It is also important to keep a regular fertilising and watering program to ensure indoor and outdoor potted plants stay healthy.
How to use: Re-potting your plants
1. Set up an area suitable to work in. This may be on a flat bench at waist level to minimise strain on your back and legs. Ideally, an area that is ventilated, roomy and well lit will make your job easier.
2. Choose a suitable container/pot before you decide to re-pot. This will help you calculate how much potting mix you will need.
3. Tap the container gently around the edges to help loosen the plant. Spreading your fingers around the stem and turning the plant upside down should see the plant come loose from the pot. Slide off the pot and place the plant on the bench.
4. Inspect the plant for any abnormalities or pest/disease attacks. Remove any unnecessary root growth especially those that wind around the plant.Tease out the root ball to aerate this area around the roots.
5. Before filling your new pot/container ensure it has a drainage hole/s. If these holes are large, it may be an idea to cover these with mesh to prevent the potting mix from falling through.
6. Backfill the container with fresh potting mix to approximately one third full. Centre your plant into the container and if need be add more mix to bring the base of the plant stem in line with the lip of the container.
7. Press down firmly around the plant and if required top up with more mix being careful, however, to avoid overfilling the pot.
8. Water in well.This helps remove any air pockets and also helps the plant recover from the stress of re-potting.
NOTE: FOR SEEDS AND SEEDLINGS – THIS POTTING MIX HAS NOT BEEN FORMULATED FOR PLANTING SEEDLINGS OR SEEDS INTO AND MAY HAVE A DETRIMENTAL EFFECT ON THEM. FOR BEST RESULTS USE RICHGRO SEED AND CUTTING MIX