Seaweed Premium Potting Mix
Available In: 25L
Perfect product for the trendy indoor garden or to ensure a thriving outdoor potted garden, Richgro Seaweed Premium Potting Mix has been designed with the garden enthusiast in mind.
It is enhanced with seaweed, EZI WET soil wetter, controlled release fertiliser along with a balanced level of trace elements. You can be assured of best results at all times.
Extensive trials have shown that the addition of seaweed in a potting mixture at point of manufacture improves plant growth, colour and improves resistance to transplant shock. Seaweed is an organic product that is well known for its ability to stimulate root systems, improve the number and colour of blooms, reduce the effects of insect and fungal disease and assists plants to cope with adverse weather conditions such as drought and frost.
- Premium Australian Standard certified mix
- With added Seaweed boost
- With added 6 months feed
- With added EZI-WET
- With added trace elements
- For all plant types
How to Use
Re-potting your plants
1. Set up an area suitable to work in. This may be on a flat bench at waist level to minimise strain on your back and legs. Ideally, an area that is ventilated, roomy and well lit will make your job easier.
2. Choose a suitable container/pot before you decide to re-pot. This will help you calculate how much potting mix you will need.
3. Tap the container gently around the edges to help loosen the plant. Spreading your fingers around the stem and turning the plant upside down should see the plant come loose from the pot. Slide off the pot and place the plant on the bench.
4. Inspect the plant for any abnormalities or pest/disease attacks. Remove any unnecessary root growth especially those that wind around the plant. Tease out the root ball to aerate this area around the roots.
5. Before filling your new pot/container ensure it has a drainage hole/s. If these holes are large, it may be an idea to cover these with mesh to prevent the potting mix from falling through.
6. Backfill the container with fresh potting mix to approximately one third full. Centre your plant into the container and if need be add more mix to bring the base of the plant stem in line with the lip of the container.
7. Press down firmly around the plant and if required top up with more mix being careful, however, to avoid overfilling the pot.
8. Water in well. This helps remove any air pockets and also helps the plant recover from the stress of re-potting.
What does the Australian standards logo on some potting mixes mean?
The logo was created by a peak non-government standards development body in Australia. It can only be applied to potting mixes that have been independently tested and certified as containing an appropriate mix of nutrients, in a suitable base material, to meet the needs of potted plants.
What is the difference between the red and black Australian Standards logo on potting mixes?
There are two ‘levels’ of certification for potting mixes- black and red Standards Marks.
Black: denotes a ‘regular’ potting mix that will support plant growth, but may require the addition of particular fertilisers or other nutrient products from time to time, or depending on the species concerned.
Red: denotes a ‘premium’ potting mix that contains additional nutrients, in many cases eliminating the initial need for fertilisers or nutrients. Premium has higher air filled porosity (the percentage of its volume that is air). Premium has a higher water holding capacity (ability of the mix to hold water). Premium has a better wettability (ability of the mix to rewet). Premium has a better nitrogen drawdown Index (available nitrogen).
Why is Seaweed good for my plants?
Organic seaweed contains naturally occurring growth regulators, trace elements, alginates, carbohydrates and vitamins. The natural growth regulators found in seaweed will have a profound effect on root growth and enhance the reproductive capacity of a plant. It will also improves fruit set, increases tolerance to heat, drought and frost conditions, is non toxic and completely safe to use on all plants, all year round.
Seaweed Potting Mix