All Purpose Mushroom Compost
Available In: 25L
Mushroom Compost is an environmentally friendly, water saving, organic byproduct of mushroom farming. It is full of rich beneficial organic nutrients and can be used both as a soil improver or a mulch.
- High water and nutrient holding capacity
- Rich in organics to promote plant growth
- Improves the structure of soils
- Increases beneficial soil microbial activity
How to Use
When to use:
* Before planting: to improve the structure of soils, promote drainage and increase beneficial soil microbes.
* After planting: as it is rich in organics to promote plant growth.
* In established gardens: to promote ongoing water holding and nutrient holding capacity.
* As a mulch: to retain moisture, reduce the amount of watering required and suppress weed growth.
Directions for use:
As a soil improver: For best results, blend 1 part Mushroom Compost with 2 parts soil and dig in well.
As a mulch: When mulching try to achieve an even thickness of 50-75mm over the entire bed but leave a clearance of approximately 25mm (1’’) around stalks and stems of plants to avoid collar rot. Occasionally rake the surface of
the mulch and annually top up your mulch back to the original 50-75mm thickness.
MUSHROOM COMPOST IS A BY-PRODUCT OF MUSHROOM FARMING AND HENCE NOT SUITABLE FOR USE
IN GROWING MUSHROOMS.