Winter Vegetable Grow Bag
Winter Vegetable Grow Bag
IN STORES NOW! – Grow your own food with Richgro’s NEW Winter Vegetable GROW BAG! Plant straight in the bag.
Even though the weather is a bit cooler, Autumn is the perfect time to start planting those Winter Vegies. Winter vegies need a rich and nourishing soil and you can grow these great vegetables in this new Winter Vegetable Growbag from Richgro. You can start to grow great food such as Silverbeet, Cauliflower, Broccoli, radishes and a variety of herbs.
Charlie Albone, TV Gardening Expert
NEW Winter Vegetable GROW BAG has all the key ingredients to help you grow your own winter vegetables such as silverbeet, spinach, radish, lettuce, kale and herbs. It is ideal for small spaces and raised garden beds. Plant seeds or seedlings directly into the 25L bag and watch them thrive.
Exclusive to Bunnings*.
*Please check on availability at your local Bunnings store.
- 2 months feed & seaweed boost
- Ideal for small spaces
- Also for pots and raised gardens
- Premium certified Australian Standard mix
- Can be used as a potting mix
These Grow Bags are great for balconies and small spaces or anywhere in the Garden. Simply put them in a sunny spot, poke holes in the bottom and plant your seedlings. Ensure constant watering so the mix does not dry out in the bag
- Before opening, spread the mix evenly through the bag, place bag on a flat surface, on top of some paper or a tray to catch any run off.
- Poke holes through the bottom to allow drainage (see markings on the bottom of the bag).
- Cut carefully along the marks as shown.
- Plant your vegetables and herb seedlings or seeds directly into the bag!
Whilst this growbag is chock full of nutrients, it is a good idea to feed with Richgro BLACK MARVEL Tomato and Vegetable Liquid Food after 8 weeks. This will give it the boost it needs. Continue to feed every 10-14 days until harvest.
Can be used as a potting mix.
- Support stakes or a frame may be inserted directly into the planter to support vegetables. A good tip is to insert the stake through the plastic directly, creating a drainage hole on the other side.
- Water regularly to allow the roots to grow strong inside the bag.
- After harvesting, dig the leftover growing mix into your garden to improve soil structure, add it to an existing pot as Potting Mix or dispose of the bag and mix in your waste disposal.
- Whilst this Grow Bag contains a controlled release fertiliser, it is a good idea to boost your crop with a liquid fertiliser after 6-8 weeks to increase plant health and yield during growing season.
- Insects love vegies. Using Richgro Beat-A-Bug Spray will help protect your crop as it contains all-natural ingredients like Pyrethrum to help knock the insects down. It also contains Chilli and Garlic which helps to repel the insects. A good habit is to spray every 10-14 days. Spray in the morning and afternoon and not whilst in flower, this will help protect the beneficial insects. Being a natural product it’s completely safe to use on all your edible plants.